Portugal is preparing, after this weekend, to enter the second phase of the deflation plan. For everything to go as planned, António Costa has already warned that it is necessary to do not neglect security measures this Easter and called on the Portuguese “to avoid, at all costs, socializing or contacts beyond the people we live with “.
This Friday, Portugal reported 548 more infected with the new coronavirus and nine deaths related to Covid-19. It should be noted that the transmissibility index increased to 0.97 (in the previous analysis it was 0.94) and the incidence of new cases increased slightly from 65.3 cases to 65.6 cases per 100 thousand inhabitants.
Remember that this weekend it is still forbidden to circulate between municipalities, which measure will be in effect until 11:59 pm on Monday.
Consult the maps of the evolution of the pandemic of the new coronavirus in Portugal and in the rest of the world.
Follow the MINUTES here the latest developments on Covid-19 in Portugal and in the World:
09h37 – Active cases in Timor-Leste go down. Covid-19’s number of active cases in Timor-Leste dropped today for the first time in several weeks, with authorities reporting more recovered cases than new infections.
09h23 – Cyclist attacks protester against Covid-19 rules. A demonstration against security measures against Covid-19 in Vancouver, Canada, culminated in one of the protesters being attacked with a bicycle. Alexander Lasarev took part in the parade in a vehicle, through which – ironically – he congratulated everyone for complying with the rules imposed by the Government.
09h14 – Remember the most recent epidemiological bulletin. This Friday, Portugal reported 548 more infected with the new coronavirus and nine deaths related to Covid-19. The transmissibility index increased to 0.97 (in the previous analysis it was 0.94) and the incidence of new cases increased slightly from 65.3 cases to 65.6 cases per 100 thousand inhabitants.
08h33 – Today is news. We are on Easter weekend and the time is to stay at home, but nothing prevents you from starting the day well informed with the themes highlighted in the national newspapers this Saturday, April 3rd. You can read everything here.
08h20 – Logistics and flexibility accelerate British vaccination. The success of the British vaccination program, which has already reached 60% of the adult population, depends on a logistical operation and an army of volunteers and professionals as flight crew.
7:50 am – India near the peak of the first wave. India has reported 89,129 cases of Covid-19 in the past 24 hours, the worst record since September 2020, when the country experienced a peak of infections, Indian officials announced.
07h38 – Argentina creates health passport. The Argentine government has launched a health passport against Covid-19. The Mi Argentina application, is a digital credential that proves if a person is already vaccinated or not. It will also have information on PCR test results.
07h20 – Protest against security measures. Stuttgart, Germany, will host a demonstration against sanitary measures due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
07h17 – Argentine president with positive test. The President of Argentina, Alberto Fernández, who completed the vaccination against covid-19, announced today that he had a positive result in a rapid antigen test for the detection of SARS-CoV-2, having decided to isolate himself preventively.
07h15 – While sleeping:
- Update of US data: The United States has recorded 895 deaths from covid-19 in the past 24 hours, in addition to 67,304 new cases, according to the independent count by the American Johns Hopkins University.
- Mexico data update: Mexico recorded 190 deaths from covid-19 and 3,089 cases of the disease in the last 24 hours.
- Uruguay data update: Uruguay recorded a new record of covid-19 cases since the beginning of the pandemic, with 3,380 infections in the last 24 hours, bringing the total to 111,568 confirmed cases. In terms of deaths, 32 were the fatal victims of the disease.
- Update of China data: The China Health Commission has diagnosed 26 cases of covid-19 in the past 24 hours, including seven due to local contagion in Yunnan province, which borders Myanmar, where a new outbreak was detected on Tuesday.
- Venezuela data update: Venezuelan authorities have announced 14 deaths caused by covid-19 in the past 24 hours, the worst daily record since the pandemic began in the country, which is crossing a new wave, with the arrival of the Brazilian variant of the virus.
07h12 – Good Morning! We start the daily monitoring of Covid-19. You can review previous events here.
Also Read: TO THE MINUTE: Outbreak in civil construction; 100 million vaccinated in the USA
Always be the first to know.
Fifth consecutive year Consumer Choice for Online Press.
Download our free App.
Get the latest news delivered to your inbox
Follow us on social media networks