Attack in Washington – Sent text message to brother before the attack

For the second time in less than three months, the congress building in Washington DC was locked down yesterday.

In January, a horde of angry Trump supporters stormed the building, which was the cause of the shutdown. Yesterday, it was Noah Green, a 25-year-old black man from the state of Indiana, who was solely to blame for the lockdown, according to American media.

The 25-year-old is now pointed out for having run over two police officers who were on duty at Capitol Hill, one of whom has been confirmed killed.

– Knew it could happen again

According to CNN, Green posted a message on his Instagram story just two hours before the attack took place.

“The US government is the number one enemy of the black population,” the statement said.

Text to brother

Green lived with his older brother. The brother has stated to the Washington Post that Green struggled with mental problems.

On Thursday night, the 25-year-old is said to have left the apartment they shared. Then he must have sent his brother a message, which read:

“I’m sorry, but I’m just going to leave and be homeless. Thank you for everything you have done for me. I’ve been looking up to you since I was a kid. You have inspired me a lot. “

DIED: Around 1 p.m. Friday, local time, a person drove into a barricaded area around the convention building on Capitol Hill in Washington DC One police officer and the alleged perpetrator lost their lives. Video: AP / NTB
view more

– Tough years

Green is said to have been very active on social media ahead of yesterday’s action.

Among other things, he is said to have published texts by Louis Farrakhan, the leader of the Nation of Islam, an African-American movement that promotes black nationalism, and which is anti-white and anti-Semitic, writes the New York Times.

The 25-year-old was unemployed, and according to Sky News has written on his own Facebook page that the last few years had been “tough”, and that the last few months had been “even tougher”. His profile has now been removed from the web.

KILLED: Policeman William Evans was killed during the attack. Photo: US Capitol Police / AP / NTB
RIGHT: Policeman William Evans was killed during the attack. Photo: US Capitol Police / AP / NTB
view more

– Side effects

He is also said to have written here, according to CNN, that he “in ignorance had taken a drug, and suffered from side effects from it”.

In other posts, Green is said to have written that he has faced “unimaginable trials”, and that he is now “in search of a spiritual journey”.

In one of the posts, he has written that he had been tortured by the FBI and CIA, hospitalized and subjected to “brain control”, and he called the government “the blacks’ biggest enemy”, writes NTB.


It was around 13.00 on Friday, local time, 91 meters from the entrance to the Senate in Congress, at a roadblock, that the 25-year-old in one drove on two policemen who were guarding there.

IN LOCKDOWN: The Congress building in Washington DC in the USA was in lockdown after the incident. Photo: Jemal Countess / UPI / hutterstock / NTB
I LOCKDOWN: The congress building in Washington DC in the USA was in lockdown after the incident. Photo: Jemal Countess / UPI / hutterstock / NTB
view more

Green then jumped out of his car, a blue sedan, and threw himself at the two officers with a knife. He was shot and killed on the spot.

Both police officers were taken to hospital, and one of them, Officer William Evans, died of his injuries.

– Not terror related

There are no immediate signs of motive for the action, and he is unknown to the police, the congressional police’s acting chief Yogananda Pittman states according to NTB.

“Although the man appeared to have deliberately run down the police officers, it does not appear to be a terror-related case, but we will of course continue to investigate,” said Washington Police Chief Robert Contee.

RIGHT: Two police officers were hit by a car at the US Congress building on Friday. One police officer died as a result of the injuries, and the suspected perpetrator was shot and killed by the police. Video: AP / NTB
view more

On your toes

Yesterday’s episode happened while Washington is still on its toes after the storming of the Congress building on January 6, when the election of Joe Biden as president was to be approved by Congress.

Five people died during the storm, including a police officer, and more than 300 people have since been arrested, including members of extremist groups such as the Proud Boys and the Oath Keepers.

The FBI has made it clear that right-wing extremist groups and some supporters of former President Donald Trump continue to pose a security threat.

In recent weeks, some of the security measures introduced after the storm have been lifted. Among other things, the high fences around the congress building have been removed, and the number of soldiers from the National Guard in the area has been reduced.

Get the latest news delivered to your inbox

Follow us on social media networks

PREV After Germany, Netherlands suspends AstraZeneca vaccine for people under 60
NEXT Run over at the Capitol: what is known and what remains to be known | World