He says that thus the UK is ready to open up more.
– We have made a plan against freedom, and we stick to it, Johnson says.
On Monday 12 April, the UK will open pubs for outdoor dining, as well as shops.
– On Monday, I myself will go to the pub to gently, but without remorse, lift a pint to my mouth, Johnson says.
This opens on Monday, among other things:
- Unnecessary shops and one-on-one services, such as hairdressers.
- Restaurants and pubs can start with outdoor seating, without the requirement that you must also order food in addition to alcohol. People still have to sit while eating and drinking.
- Spas and gyms
- Members of the same household can go on holiday in England
- Weddings can be arranged with up to 15 guests
- Residents of nursing homes can take two visitors at the same time
- All children can participate in indoor activities, including sports
Although there are a number of reliefs, people are still advised to work from home and minimize travel within the UK. International travel is still illegal, writes the BBC.
It is also still the case that a maximum of six people can gather outdoors.
Johnson says they still have a goal of removing all restrictions by June 21.
– There is nothing about the infection numbers that makes us think that we need to change the reopening plan. But it is by being careful, by monitoring the numbers and by following the rules that together we hope that the goal of freedom is irreversible, says Johnson.
Can not promise vacation abroad
Although Johnson now comes with a happy message with a number of reliefs, he comes with a message that sun-hungry Britons may not appreciate much.
Johnson says he can not guarantee that they will open for foreign travel on May 17
– It is too early to say if it is possible, he says.
Johnson says that future relief will depend on how many people have been vaccinated.
Get the latest news delivered to your inbox
Follow us on social media networks