The technology arrives with the new update of the manufacturer’s Game Ready driver
Resizable BAR is able to deliver a margin between 6 e 12% of performance in games being rendered in 1440p on an RTX 3080. We reported here at Adrenaline yesterday that a Chiphell user achieved an average performance gain of 3% in several games running on 4K e maximum quality in RTX 3090.
It is worth mentioning that, probably, users who play at lower resolutions achieve greater performance gains with Resizable BAR, since the functionality can benefit from the greater idle time of the video card and manage to “stretch” its performance more.
Nvidia claims that GeForce RTX 3060 comes with factory feature support, and does not necessarily need a firmware update. Nonetheless, all other video cards of the Ampere generation released so far require the update of VBIOS.
To update VBIOS the user needs to access the partner manufacturer’s website. If you have a Founder’s Edition model, you can also count on an update tool from Nvidia itself. You may also need to update the motherboard SBIOS.
– Continues after advertising –
Installation step by step:
- Make sure you have a compatible CPU and chipset;
- Update your motherboard’s SBIOS if necessary, using the manufacturer’s tool. Then activate Resizable BAR support on the motherboard’s BIOS interface;
- Update to the latest version of the GeForce Game Ready Driver (version 465.89 WHQL, released on March 30), or more recent version;
- If you have an RTX 3060 everything is fine. But if you have a 3060 Ti, 3070, 3080 or 3090, you may need to update VBIOS;
- If you have a Founder’s model, just go to the official Nvidia website to update. If you have a partner manufacturer model, you need to access the company’s website to access the update there.
- Finally, check if the Resizable Bar is enabled by Nvidia Control Panel or TechPowerUP GPU-Z
Compatibility of Chipsets and Processors
For now, the technology is compatible only with 17 games: Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Battlefield V, Borderlands 3, Control, Cyberpunk 2077, Death Stranding, DIRT 5, F1 2020, Forza Horizon 4, Gears 5, Godfall, Hitman 2, Hitman 3, Horizon Zero Dawn, Metro Exodus, Red Dead Redemption 2 e Watch Dogs Legion.
Via: Tweak Town, Nvidia
Get the latest news delivered to your inbox
Follow us on social media networks