Just over a week ago, Princess Anne’s (70) daughter, Zara Tindall (39) and her husband Mike Tindall (42), welcomed their third child into the world – a little son named Lucas Philip Tindall.
Mike revealed this in his own podcast, “The Good, The Bad & The Rugby”.
The child is Queen Elizabeth’s (94) tenth great-grandchild in a row.
“Zara and Mike Tindall are happy to announce that they have had their third child, Lucas Philip Tindall,” a spokesman for the couple said in a statement, according to Sky News.
In the above-mentioned podcast, the newlywed father of three said that they did not make it to the hospital, and that the wife had to give birth on the bathroom floor at home in a hurry.
– He came very fast, we did not reach the hospital. It happened on the bathroom floor, the 42-year-old said.
Mike and his wife have been grandparents for a few days, and now the former is giving an update on the baby son in the aforementioned podcast.
– It has been nice. I can not complain, he says in the podcast, according to E! News.
The former rugby player has, of course, given his son sporting clothes.
– He’s quite nice, the little boy. He loves the Umbro suit that we have put on him, he continues.
– A nice week
It was in December last year that it became known that the couple was expecting their third child. Also this time, it was Zara’s husband who was responsible for the revelation – in the same podcast.
– It has been a nice week for me, we had a small ultrasound last week, a third Tindall is on his way, he said in the podcast, according to Cosmopolitan.
In the podcast, Mike joked about what kind of name they should give their upcoming family grant.
– We are not quite sure what we do with names yet. Covey or Covina? he said, referring to the corona pandemic.
In the end, the name ended up on Lucas Philip. The newlywed father of three also said that he wanted to have a son this time – a wish that turned out to be fulfilled.
The 42-year-old was also full of praise for his wife.
– Zara is very good, always careful because of things that have happened before, and we are really looking forward to this, he said in the podcast.
What Mike probably referred to in the podcast was the fact that Zara has previously experienced two miscarriages.
Almost three years after the birth of their first daughter, the couple announced in November 2016 that they were expecting their second child. Only a month later, however, came the tragic news that Zara had had a miscarriage.
– Unfortunately, Zara and Mike Tindall have lost their baby. In this difficult time, we ask that everyone respects their privacy, a spokeswoman for the couple said at the time.
The couple already have the two children Mia (7) and Lena (2). They have been married since 2011 and live in Gloucestershire.
Get the latest news delivered to your inbox
Follow us on social media networks