So, this Saturday morning, the Corinthians squad performed the last job in the free week, with no games.
According to a statement released by the club, coach Vagner Mancini commanded a team and made observations and adjustments to the team. Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the press has not been able to follow Timão’s training for a year.
After the match against Retrô-PE, last week, when Timão drew 1-1 in normal time and won on penalties, Mancini said he was dissatisfied with the team’s performance and promised to change the lineup.
+ Mancini sees overweight Cazares and says that Jô has lost mobility
+ Rodrigo Varanda reveals his dream: to help the cancer institute
The tendency is for the alvinegro commander to give chance to more youths from the base in the sequence of Paulistão.
– I joined a more mature team against Retrô because I knew we could suffer because it was an intense and eliminatory game, but I couldn’t play a boy in that game and, suddenly, we are talking here about disqualification and devaluation. It happens in all the cups that are played all over the world. If we look at games big and small, these tournaments provide that. The risk that we could take was taken. Playing these boys when the team is not tidy, fit, there is no balance between attacking and defending, it is always a very big risk. Now they may appear – said Mancini, last Friday, to Rádio Bandeirantes.
Vagner Mancini talks to players before Corinthians training – Photo: Rodrigo Coca / Ag.Corinthians
Corinthians comes from a sequence of nine unbeaten games, is in the third phase of the Copa do Brasil and leads Group A of Paulistão. Due to the suspension of sports activities in the state of São Paulo and the consequent interruption of the state championship, Timão still does not know when he will return to the field.
Get the latest news delivered to your inbox
Follow us on social media networks