Erling Braut Haaland’s agents will be on an ever so small tour of Europe.
The Spanish newspaper Sport writes on Thursday that Mino Raiola and Alfie Haaland are in Barcelona where they were received by President Joan Laporta’s representatives.
The newspaper further claims that the two are there to discuss a potential transfer for Erling Braut Haaland.
Raiola and Haaland are pictured as they leave the airport. There is now wild speculation in the comments field on Twitter, among others, that the information is only an April Fool’s joke, but several credible sources report that the two are in place in the Spanish city.
Haaland’s super agent with admission: – I was perhaps too careful
Several videos are circulating to show Alfie Haaland and Raiola on their way out of the airport.
Journalist Fabrizio Romano claims on Twitter that the information is true.
Spanish Mundo Deportivo also reports that the duo Haaland and Raiola landed at El Prat airport. They further write that the duo arrived in private planes before they are supposed to have stepped out of the terminal for private planes in the Catalan city.
Romano reports later on Thursday that Raiola and Haaland have been in a positive meeting with Barcelona president Laporta.
– It was the first contact to discuss the new project in Barcelona. Obviously nothing is clear, but the match is underway and many clubs are involved. The meeting was positive, he writes.
Now Fabrizio Romano reports that Mino Raiola and Haaland have traveled on to Madrid, to hold talks with arch-rival Barcelona – Real Madrid. The duo will discuss Real Madrid’s thoughts for Haaland:
Borussia Dortmund should not be willing to release the Norwegian for less than 150 million euros, the journalist writes on Twitter.
At Sky Sports, they have discussed Haaland’s future up and in mind through Thursday, and journalist, Darmesh Seth, highlights a new factor in the transition:
– There is another challenge here, and his name is Jadon Sancho. Rumors in Germany are that he will leave the club this summer. As I see it, it seems unlikely that the club will let both Sancho and Haaland leave in the same window, Seth told Sky Sports.
– This creates a new challenge for Dortmund. If they choose to keep Haaland this summer, they will have him for another season, but they will also miss out on large sums due to his buy-out clause, which will then come into force (£ 70 million). If they choose to keep Sancho this summer, then he will be in his last contract year again next summer. Then they can just forget the 108 million pounds they demanded from Manchester United last summer.
Speculation about Haaland’s future is massive and there are constant reports of clubs wanting to buy the Norwegian striker next summer.
Romano claims that Raiola landed in Barcelona after a meeting with Borussia Dortmund in recent days to discuss Haaland’s future.
– Raiola is in Barcelona right now. It is one hundred percent confirmed, as Sport reports. He landed after a meeting with Borussia Dortmund in recent days where they have talked about Haaland’s future, Romano writes.
Dortmund’s sports director Michael Zorc spoke to German Sky about the case on Thursday.
– I talked to Raiola yesterday. We made our intentions very clear, he says to the channel without pointing out what the intentions actually are.
– I have no problem with Alfie and Mino wanting to sunbathe by the Mediterranean. I am relaxed because I know what we want, the sports director added for Sport1.
who is one of the channel’s reporters, Zorc believes that Dortmund have no intentions of selling Haaland this summer.
Michael Zorc - sporting director @BVB - just talked about @ErlingHaaland on Sky: “Yesterday I spoke to @MinoRaiola. We’ve made our intentions very clear.” His intention: They do not want to sell this summer ⛔️ #TransferUpdate @Sky_Jesco pic.twitter.com/pdjgzJGZoF— Max Bielefeld (@Sky_MaxB) April 1, 2021
Romano, for his part, further writes that Raiola will meet several other clubs in the coming weeks to discuss Haaland. He also writes that Bayern Munich is not in the fight for the striker.
Several journalists who cover Barcelona closely point out that it is not a question of an April Fool’s joke.
– The video from Sport is from today. Raiola and Haaland’s father are in Barcelona. They were picked up by the security guards of Laporta, writes journalist Gerard Romero on Twitter.
On Saturday, Alfie Haaland was present in Malaga when Norway lost 0-3 to Turkey in the World Cup qualifiers. He was then pictured in the stands in Spain.
ESPN recently announced that Borussia Dortmund will demand 180 million euros to let Haaland go after the season. That is more than 1.8 billion kroner.
Many have doubted Barcelona’s opportunities to pick up the Norwegian. The big club is burdened by a giant debt of more than NOK 10 billion, and a significant part of it is short-term. The young top scorer has a contract with the Germans until 2024. In it there should be a clause stating that he can leave Dortmund for a certain amount in the summer of 2022. Should a transfer take place this summer, the buyer will have to pay a stiff price.
Guide to free-standing garden rooms
Get the latest news delivered to your inbox
Follow us on social media networks