Since then, the duo has shared a number of photos and video clips from the friendship, and not least the cohabitation, on social media.
When Se og Hør talks to them now, a few months into the cohabitation, they can, however, reveal that the housing relationship is being put on “pause” as a result of the corona situation.
The coming time will be several weeks before they get to meet each other again. Birgit is working intensely towards the upcoming Olympics and is currently at a gathering and the European Championships in Italy, while Helene is back home in Norway.
After a month on the road, the 32-year-old must naturally be quarantined, even if she does not quarantine because of her job as a top athlete.
– It feels very strange to be traveling now, but at the same time this is obviously not a holiday, says Birgit, and continues:
– There is nothing of what we do that bears the mark of a holiday. I’m just in the room or out exercising – wearing a bandage everywhere and just being with my cohort. We are not allowed to leave the hotel unless we are going to train.
The reason why Birgit and the national team are in Italy is because they can not prepare to the maximum for the championship at home. In this country, there is ice on the water in most places, at the same time as the national team arena is located in Viken and is therefore closed.
– We are usually in Portugal in the winter and have a second home there. We use to travel back and forth, but now we are rather away for a month because of the quarantine. We do the best we can with what we have. The competitors row on water and then there is no point in rowing on a machine and thinking that it is just as good. The Olympics are only months away and then we must be ready, she says.
– Not met mom since last year
As a top athlete, the 32-year-old lives in a very closed bubble where she meets even fewer people than you are actually allowed to.
– We do not comply with infection control measures because there are rules, but because we can not be infected. We play sports that place high demands on the heart and lungs. When you live off this, it will not do much harm until it can be crucial to your career.
This has also resulted in Birgit not meeting friends or family in the last year.
– I have not met my mother since last summer, and will not meet her until after the Olympics, which is in August-September. She would like to visit, but she can not. That is the consequence of operating like this, Birgit points out.
The 32-year-old’s career naturally also affects the everyday life of cohabitant Helene, who admits that she tries to shield herself and Birgit as far as possible.
– I probably meet a little more than her, but far less than I can at any given time, says the professional dancer, who became known to the Norwegian people during “Skal vi danse” last autumn.
Helene can further tell that stoda is pretty bad for her now due to the ongoing pandemic.
– I have taught some dance at Zoom, which is very strange. I have asked my students to bribe themselves so that there is not too much noise, but when I ask questions I forget that they can not answer. It just gets weird and is a little difficult, she says, and adds that she has not been able to work as much as a coach as she would like.
– How does this affect the wallet then, do you make it go around?
– I notice it, so to speak. I’m not allowed to have private lessons or anything. So it is a stop on income, it is quite clear, she answers.
– I can do it, but at some point it will probably be quite awkward, she continues.
Silence about “Shall we dance”
To make time go by, the dancer has started studying video marketing for social media. She also says that there may be a way she envisions going further.
– I am interested in social media and being creative. I notice that it has been digg these two weeks of study, having something to read and do, she admits.
When asked if we will see her in the TV 2 program again this autumn, however, she is very secretive – so it remains to be seen.
When Birgit soon returns home to Norway and Helene again, the former must first be quarantined for ten days. She intends to spend it at the cabin, so that it does not go beyond the cohabitant.
READ ALSO: – Do not think we did a good job
Get the latest news delivered to your inbox
Follow us on social media networks