Sander Berge has been injured since Christmas last year, but it does not seem to reduce the interest around the midfielder significantly.
It was Belgian Voetbal24 who on Tuesday night claimed that Sander Berge is high on the wish list of Pep Guardiola and Manchester City.
The Norwegian will be intended as a replacement for longtime midfielder Fernandinho, who is expected to leave the club when the contract expires in the summer.
Also read: Reacts strongly to TV pictures of Erling Haaland and the lineman
– Can happen fast
When Nettavisen calls TV2’s PL expert Erik Thorstvedt to hear what the former national team goalkeeper thinks about the rumors, he is clear in his case.
– 95 percent of such rumors remain just rumors, so we should probably not put too much into this. But you never know, because he has obviously created a good reputation in England. It’s well done to have played on a team that has been so ass. It started a bit heavy, because he was used in the wrong position and it seemed like they were trying to make him a player he was not or is not.
– What do you see in the probability of actually ending up in Manchester City?
– He can quickly end up there, but I’m not sure. Now it looks like Fernandinho will be out, so they will soon be looking for a replacement. It is also a bad hidden secret that he will change club this summer, so we will have to wait and see.
Also read: Guillermo Molins ready for Rosenborg
Berge has a contract with Sheffield United until 2024. But as the club is now sailing towards a relegation from the Premier League, it is likely that he will leave “The Blades”. In that case, it will be a couple of notches up, if he should end up in Manchester City.
– In the role he plays, it is not expected that he will conjure with the ball, because Manchester City has many other players who do. He will be brought there to do a cleaning job, and I believe that Pep Guardiola will make players he brings in better. So that he could have done it in City, I do not ignore, but it is basically an unexpected thought, Thorstvedt continues.
Asks Norwegians to calm down
The PL expert, on the other hand, pours cold water over the years on those who believe too much in the transition, and rather think Berge ends up in a smaller club.
– Basically, I would have thought that a club like Aston Villa or West Ham would have been more likely. It would be a natural next step from a club relegated from the same division.
– We must not forget that these are rumors, so we must probably calm down a bit. Although I must admit that it would have been extremely fun with Sander Berge in a club like Manchester City or Liverpool.
The 22-year-old from Asker has also been connected to Liverpool, among other places, recently. He brought Sheffield from Genk for around NOK 230 million a little over a year ago, and the price of a possible resale is expected to be significantly higher.
Best in test: The machines that make fried food healthy
Get the latest news delivered to your inbox
Follow us on social media networks