Chelsea, Champions League | Mason Mount made history when Chelsea took a long step towards the Champions League semi-finals

Chelsea got an almost perfect result on foreign grass and took the first shot in the quarterfinals against FC Porto.


On Wednesday, Thomas Tuchel and Chelsea gained a very good starting point for advancing from the Champions League quarter-finals when Porto were beaten “away”.

Due to the corona pandemic, the match was played in Spanish Sevilla.

Mason Mount was the first goal scorer for the London club with his goal after 32 minutes of play. According to Opta, the offensive midfielder thus became Chelsea’s youngest goal scorer (22 years, 87 days) in the knockout rounds of the Champions League of all time. Ben Chilwell put Chelsea’s second goal against the back of the net.

READ ALSO: Reacts strongly to TV pictures of Erling Haaland and the lineman

Despite an important victory before the return match next week, several of Chelsea’s animal-bought stars had to endure criticism for a weak performance in Wednesday’s match,

– Kai Havertz and Timo Werner are unable to get into the match. Fortunately, there are good alternatives on the Chelsea bench, because Havertz and Werner have had a very quiet evening, BBC expert Clinton Morrison commented for a while in the second half.

The two Germans were replaced shortly after the break and replaced by Christian Pulisic and Olivier Giroud respectively.

Mount fixed management

Porto was in many ways the leading team in the match and after 12 minutes the hosts got their first opportunity. Poor clearance ended up with Mateus Uribe. He’s got a crack at the rebound all alone in front of Eduardo Mendy … how did he miss that ?!

However, there was a long way between the big chances in the first half and Chelsea defended well, as they have been used to doing under Tuchel’s leadership.

READ ALSO: Neville was uncomfortable with the Arsenal players’ behavior: – I was shocked

After 32 minutes, the visitors broke through on the right after some poor defending. Jorginho kept up with an excellent pass and with a turn Mount got free at around 16 meters. He had plenty of time to aim when he scored the lead goal in Sevilla.

Chilwell arranged number two

Chelsea went into the break with a lead and thus Porto had to go hunting in the second half. After 57 minutes, the Portuguese were again dangerous up front.

Luis Diaz got the ball in a good position and made it easy. The attempt to place the ball in the bottom left corner was good, but not good enough and snuck just outside the post.

READ ALSO: Illsint Klopp ran straight to the referee. Now what was said is revealed

After 70 minutes, the striker Moussa Marega went inside the box and a penalty was called. However, the referee was not tempted to point to the chalk.

Towards the end of the match, Chelsea came back with more and five minutes before full time Christian Pulisic put the ball in the crossbar. Shortly afterwards, the match’s second goal came.

Left-back Ben Chilwell was played free and the former Leicester player made no mistake when he rounded the goalkeeper and had the ball rolled over the line.

There were no more goals and Chelsea thus has a solid starting point before the return.


Best in test: The machines that make fried food healthy

Get the latest news delivered to your inbox

Follow us on social media networks

PREV Oddstips, Manchester United | Haaland rumors have gained momentum on this United striker
NEXT Oddstips, Manchester United | Haaland rumors have gained momentum on this United striker