Manchester City is one of the teams that is strongly linked to the Norwegian, and at the press conference ahead of the match between the teams on Tuesday night, the clubs’ coaches were asked about the Haaland situation.
Dortmund coach Edin Terzic says he does not care much about the transfer circus.
– It does not affect me, I can not stop Mino Raiola and Alfie Haaland from traveling. It’s up to them, Terzic said at yesterday’s press conference and continued:
– I can only influence Haaland, and I’m happy to have him here.
On Thursday, Haaland returned after the national team gathering with Norway.
– We were very happy to have him back, Terzic concludes.
Got this with you?
Pep Guardiola also received several questions about the Norwegian.
He boasted of Haaland, but he was still also aware that the club initially does not want to spend so much money on a single player. Many media have reported a price tag of a staggering 1.5 billion on Erling Braut Haaland.
– Spending a lot of money on one player does not give you a greater chance of winning. Football is a team sport where everyone must contribute, Guardiola said and continued:
– Tournaments are not won by one player, it’s about all the players. So far, the club has chosen not to spend close to 100 million pounds for one player.
Manchester City are known for not being afraid to spend a lot of money on transfers, but have, as Guardiola says, never spent more than £ 100 million on a single player. That trend may be broken.
– Maybe it can happen in the future. It will happen when the club believes that it is necessary to strengthen the team for the next five to ten years, but so far the club has not wanted it. Therefore, we have chosen not to do so, but perhaps in the future, said a cryptic Guardiola.
Although Guardiola was unsure whether a transfer could become a reality, he did not spare the superlatives when he described the Norwegian super striker.
– All I can say is that he is an exceptional striker for his age. The numbers speak for themselves. He is a fantastic player, Guardiola said about Haaland.
He was especially impressed with the Norwegian’s skills in front of goal.
– Finding a player his age who scores so many goals is difficult. He can score with left, right, on counterattack, in the box and on the head. He’s a great striker. Everyone can see it, Guardiola said.
– Very impressive
Manchester City must probably be seen as favorites when they receive Erling Braut Haaland and Borussia Dortmund at 21 tonight.
Manchester City player Rodri still does not take Dortmund lightly as an opponent and praised Haaland at yesterday’s press conference.
– I think his matches have been very impressive. He is only 21 years old and has scored many goals, said Rodri, but emphasized that it was not just about the Norwegian.
– But we do not focus only on one player. Dortmund is a big team in Europe. I remember them well from when I met them with Atlético and it was a difficult match.
The Spanish midfielder believes Dortmund has an offensive team.
They have a good mix of young and experienced players. They have a very offensive team and it is important that we are aware of that. They like to go forward and score goals, Rodri said.
The first quarter-final match between the two teams kicks off tonight at Etihad Stadium, while the return leg will be played on April 14 in Dortmund.
Download our sports app
Get the latest news delivered to your inbox
Follow us on social media networks