Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp (53) is jealous of the Spanish weather, but will hardly become a coach in Southern Europe right away.
Published:Updated less than 10 minutes ago
Here are all our odds tips!
Several Spanish journalists wanted to hear what Klopp thinks about coaching a team in Spain sometime in the future – ahead of Tuesday’s Champions League quarter-final against Real Madrid.
When asked which club of Real Madrid, Barcelona and Atletico Madrid had the best fit, the Liverpool manager came with an unexpected reply.
– They are all good teams. I would take care of them all, I hope. My only problem is that my Spanish is very bad. You would not like to have me here in Spain with my weak Spanish. And all those clubs have good coaches. But Real Mallorca would be nice, said Klopp and laughed.
This is how Klopp reacted to meeting Sir Alex Ferguson:
Then he probably had the sporting thing in mind. Real Mallorca plays at level two in Spain. They are currently in the promotion of La Liga.
Klopp probably thought more about the climate in Mallorca. The German did not hide his enthusiasm for the temperature in Spain.
He was asked if he could imagine coaching Real Madrid once.
Riise’s verdict: Fabinho fantastic in a tactical perfect match
– If I look back on my career and have only coached three clubs (Mainz, Borussia Dortmund and Liverpool), it would not be so bad, or what? I would not regret it. But when we got off the plane, I regret not living here. The weather here is so much better. You are blessed, Klopp replied and smiled well.
Wednesday: 149 million in Viking Lotto – play here
The Liverpool manager was also asked a number of questions about whether he was looking for revenge against Real Madrid, after the 1-3 loss in the Champions League final in 2018.
– Life is not like that. I do not believe in that, but it would be nice if we went on. Real Madrid is an incredible team, and knows exactly what is required, Klopp said.
Earlier Monday, Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane spoke warmly about both Klopp and Liverpool.
– It’s a complete team. They are very strong and very solid, said Zidane.
– Klopp is a skilled coach. He has a lot of experience, Zidane said about his coaching colleague.
Zidane would not comment on rumors of a possible transfer for Mohamed Salah to Real Madrid.
– Since he is not our player, I will not answer that.
Ødegaard was “comforted” by Klopp after a humiliating loss
VGs tips: Real Madrid-Liverpool
* The final opponents from 2018 will meet in the quarterfinals. Real Madrid won that match, Liverpool won the Champions League the following year.
* Liverpool have struggled to speed things up and stand with six losses in the last ten matches in the Premier League. They probably played on their confidence against Arsenal, but with injury problems in the central defense, it can be tough against Real Madrid.
* The Spanish capital team has varied a lot this season, and got off to a cruel start in the Champions League. Lately, however, they have made their way into the gold match in La Liga – and after two years of exit in the quarterfinals, they now see the possibility of a new semi-final.
* The first of two playoff games is often a bit hesitant and is characterized by a greater degree of tactics than release offensively. Overall, under 2.5 goals seems like a sensible game.
Game stop is 20.55 on Tuesday. The match will be shown on Viasport 1 and Viaplay.
Get the latest news delivered to your inbox
Follow us on social media networks