Håkon Fredriksen (18) hopes to become European champion in motocross in 2021. But after a crash in training on Saturday, he is now sitting at home with both arms in plaster.
Published:Less than 10 minutes ago
– I feel relatively well – but somewhat handicapped with both arms in plaster, states the motorcycle talent of VG.
The national team skier is ready for the French BUD team for 2021. The goal is to become European champion this year and drive in America next year.
– I trained with the team on a track near where I live in southwestern France. During the second session, the motorcycle spun in the ascent on a large jump. I came a few centimeters too short and felt that both wrists smoked across the landing against the handlebars on the bike, says Håkon Fredriksen.
Malene (27) and Elias (22) Norwegian heroes in the USA: – Ha’kke ord
– I lay for about an hour waiting for a doctor and an ambulance. I was in great pain. Then I was taken to the hospital in Dax and operated on Saturday night.
– Now it’s home to Norway and rest a bit before I start with physical exercise as hard as the body allows to maintain fitness and strength.
– When can you be back?
– The goal is to be as ready as possible for the first European Championship round, which takes place in England 26-27. June.
Motocross is a motorsport that is ridden with a cross bike on its own tracks with soil, sand or similar surfaces.
– The dream is to ride supercross in the USA. No Norwegian has done that so far, says the 18-year-old, who took European Championship bronze with an Italian team in 2020.
Fredriksen has ridden Yamaha in recent years, but in 2021 it will be Kawasaki in the BUD team.
Get the latest news delivered to your inbox
Follow us on social media networks