According to the plan, the artist should have released new music this spring. Now she is postponing the release until it becomes possible to tour again.
In a post on Instram, the artist writes that she had planned to release the second half of her latest album this month.
– But something does not feel right. I feel I am constantly watching singles and albums being released these days without reaching their full potential, Mena writes.
– I do not want to release more music without being able to play it live for you RIGHT afterwards .., she continues.
Therefore, Mena has chosen to postpone the album.
– I will return to the studio and this spring and summer I will focus on being creative, and on maybe getting a driver’s license, it says in the post.
She adds that she hopes to see the fans on tour in November and asks that the world be normal again.
This winter, Maria Mena has been seen in the TV 2 program “Every time we meet” where she surprised with her version of Stian “Staysman” Thorbjørnsen’s “I need a man”.
– Through 2020, I made some choices professionally that I have really won and that have given me so much joy! Being part of the Norwegian TV program “Every time we meet” was one of them, Mena writes on Instagram.
The artist, who broke through already as a 15-year-old, has on several occasions been asked to participate in “Every time we meet”, but has always said no – until now. Only now has she felt ready.
– There will be laughter, and that’s just the way it is. But if I did not finish processing my story – I am in a new chapter in life, everything is put behind me – and then it is cool to talk about, because then it is not wounds that are ripped up, Mena said to VG just before the recording last summer.
Marie Mena did not respond to VG’s inquiry on Saturday night.
Get the latest news delivered to your inbox
Follow us on social media networks