The first comes from a bunch of alleged screenshots, which show several message exchanges on Instagram where the person in question describes himself as a cannibal. It is claimed that the messages come from Hammer, who himself has described the accusations as “bullshit”.
In March, it also became known that the Los Angeles police have opened an investigation against the 34-year-old, after a woman claimed to have been raped by the actor, according to People. Hammer’s lawyer later went out on his behalf and called the accusations unfounded.
In the wake of it all, Hammer has now chosen to withdraw from a future project.
In a statement released by Variety, Hammer announced on Friday that he was withdrawing from the Broadway show “The Minutes”. The show was originally scheduled to take place in March last year, but due to the pandemic, it is now expected to be postponed until later this year.
Then, on the other hand, Hammer will not be watching the stage.
I have loved every second while working on “Ten Minutes” with the family I received from Steppenwolf. But, right now, I need to focus on myself and my health, for the sake of the family. “For that reason, I will not return to Broadway with this production,” he said in a statement.
The whole thing is also confirmed by the producers, who according to Variety say that Hammer continues to be a valued colleague for those who have worked with him on and off stage at the show.
“We wish him only the best and respect the decision,” they continue.
Withdrew from film
This is not the only job the “Call Me By Your Name” star has had to give up. In a statement to E Online earlier this year, he announced that he will no longer be filming the upcoming movie “Shotgun Wedding” with Jennifer Lopez (51), who is currently filming.
In the same statement, he also briefly touched on the cannibal accusations that were ravaging at the time.
– I do not respond to these “bullshit” accusations, but due to the evil and false attacks against me online, I can not with a clear conscience leave my children for four months to shoot a movie in the Dominican Republic. Lionsgate supports me for this, and I am grateful for that, he said at the time.
The ex-wife broke the silence
Hammer has two children with ex-wife Elizabeth Chambers (38). It was last summer that it became known that the couple had broken off their ten-year marriage, and only half a year later, Hammer received serious accusations against him.
Chambers has even taken the magazine from her mouth, and she did not hold back on the words.
“For several weeks I have been trying to digest everything that has happened. I am shocked, broken and devastated, but when I push my own heartache aside, I listen, and I will continue to listen and enlighten myself about these sensitive issues, “Chambers wrote on Instagram, adding that she was not aware of how little she knew.
“I support all victims of abuse and violence and urge everyone who has experienced this pain to seek the help they need to be healed,” she continued.
ALSO READ: Shares good news one year after the tragedy
Get the latest news delivered to your inbox
Follow us on social media networks