With the arrival of the pandemic, it was necessary to reinvent and rediscover each corner of the house in order to be able to sector the spaces between leisure, home office and rest. This discovery made it possible to discover new hobbies within the home: be they in landscaping, organization, or even decoration Do It Yourself.
According to a study published by the journal Neurology, making crafts can reduce the risk of cognitive decline in memory and still contributes positively to mental health, given that this is an activity that causes distraction.
Physiologist Débora Garcia comments that there are several hormones that act on the feeling of happiness provided by the body. They are: endorphins, serotonin, dopamine and oxytocin.
One way to release some of these hormones is through the function of the reward mechanism in the brain. “For example, when we set a goal and reach it, dopamine is a released neurotransmitter that brings a sense of pleasure,” he explains.
Edmundo Clairefont Dias Maia, a psychiatrist at HSANP Hospital, says that taking care of the mind is as essential as taking care of the body, especially in a time of social isolation, without leaving home.
The doctor gives tips on some activities to keep your mind healthy:
1. Practice physical exercises;
2. Do meditation;
3. Practice reading;
4. Enroll in courses that interest you;
5. Have a good night’s sleep;
6. Maintain a healthy diet;
7. Strengthen the bonds of friendship;
8. Spend more time with the family;
9. Spend more time with your pet;
As mentioned above, one of the activities that can occupy the mind well is handicrafts. O Plastic Movement Transforms, an initiative that seeks to highlight how plastic can be beneficial when used responsibly and creatively, selected some objects that can be created in the comfort of the home.
Baler with PET bottles
Two PET bottles, one of 3 liters and another of 600 ml;
Way of doing
1. Take the 3-liter container and cut the nozzle and the bottom, just above the label.
2. Remove the burrs with the aid of scissors and leave one side slightly smaller than the other.
3. With a stylus, cut one of the corners of the base of the bottle.
4. Finish with scissors until it fits into the bowl and secure the two parts with silicone glue.
5. Finish by rounding the edges with the help of an iron and set aside.
6. Make the base with the smaller bottle: make a cutout above the label, cut the burrs and stroke the edges.
7. Using the silicone glue on the nozzle again, fix the base and dome already prepared in the previous step and let it dry for 24 hours.
Ice cream jars;
fabric of your choice or availability;
Way of doing
1. Mark with a pen the height you want, along the entire length of the pot;
2. In the narrowest parts, draw the handles and cut out;
3. Choose a fabric of your choice and fix it in the pot using white glue.
4. Now it’s time to finish the job, removing all the leftover fabric. You can make organizers of different heights, according to the use of each one.
Vase with colorful flowers
Way of doing
1. Reserve some PET bottles, clean well and remove the labels;
2. With dry packaging, choose which animal will give life to your vase, draw the shapes of the ears and cut out;
3. Then, paint two layers of paint, letting it dry between the layers, and draw the animal’s face;
4. Do not forget to make holes in the bottom of the bottles, so that the excess water will drain after the plants are watered.
Get the latest news delivered to your inbox
Follow us on social media networks