Anyone who has left money standing in application accounts or digital banks, even if only from one day to the next, must have seen some increase in the balance, which may be several reais or mere cents, depending on the amount saved .
It is no coincidence that in the “earnings report” of these services, sometimes there are profits of R $ 0.01 or R $ 0.02. It is common that it occurs, for example, with PicPay, Mercado Pago, Ame, Nubank, Original accounts, among others.
Despite the often insignificant amounts – after all, what do you buy today with R $ 0.01? – these income reports are sent for a reason: earnings must be reported in the Income Tax (IR) statement.
According to the tax auditor delegated to the Federal Revenue in Vitória, Eduardo Augusto Roelke, it doesn’t matter if they are real or cents. If the user is among the groups that need to declare their earnings to the Tax Authorities, any amount obtained from the institutions must be reported, under the risk of the taxpayer falling into the fine mesh.
“Even if it is small, the profit must be declared according to the information contained in the earnings report, as it is still an addition to the financial assets.”
Currently, you are required to declare income tax:
- Who received taxable income above R $ 28,559.70 in 2020 – as long as they have not received emergency aid.
- Who received exempt, non-taxable or exclusively taxed income at source, the sum of which was more than R $ 40 thousand last year.
- Whoever obtained a capital gain on the sale of assets or rights, subject to the levy of the tax, or carried out transactions on stock exchanges, commodities, futures and the like.
- Who had, in 2020, gross revenue in an amount greater than R $ 142,798.50 in rural activity.
- Who had, until December 31, 2020, the possession or ownership of goods or rights with a total value exceeding R $ 300 thousand.
- Those who became resident in Brazil in any month of last year and in that condition were on December 31, 2020.
- Those who opted for exemption from income tax on the capital gain earned on the sale of residential properties whose proceeds from the sale are applied to the acquisition of residential properties located in the country, within 180 days, counted from the conclusion of the sale contract, also need to provide accounts to the tax authorities.
- Who received the emergency aid and, in addition, had taxable income in an annual value exceeding R $ 22,847.76 in 2020.
If the consumer does not fit into any of these groups, he is not required to report the gains with applications to the IRS.
In the case of some banks, the profitability of the consumer drawn is net with a discount on the Income Tax. In other cases, tax is not levied.
Did you see an error?
If you noticed any incorrect information in our content, click on the button and let us know, so that we can correct it as soon as possible
Get the latest news delivered to your inbox
Follow us on social media networks