The meteorologist has issued a yellow danger warning. There will be snow, gale force winds and high waves.
Published Published Just now
It is Aslaug Skålevik Valved at the Meteorological Institute who comes with the surprising message.
On Sunday, a lot of rain was reported in the lowlands, but now it is expected that the rain will turn to snow in the late afternoon.
– The temperature in the lowlands will fall from 5-6 plus degrees to maybe minus 2 degrees in a few hours, Valved says.
It is a strong low pressure south of Svalbard that is to blame. The icy air from the north is drawn south.
– We are not done with the winter yet, Valved states.
5 to 15 centimeters
How much snow will come is uncertain.
– Construction weather has been reported, and it is not so easy to estimate quantity. But there may be between 5 and 15 centimeters of snow from Sunday night to Monday night.
On Sunday, many have planned to return home from the Easter holidays. The meteorologist warns of difficult driving conditions and possibly snowdrifts.
– People must follow the weather forecasts. Do not use summer tires, and be aware that the bulldozers may not have had time to travel, she says.
Gale, thunder and waves
In addition to snow all the way down to the quay rocks in Bergen, gales from the northwest and thunderstorms are reported on Sunday.
It is also reported that there will be high waves on Sunday, and especially on Monday.
– Those who may have spent Easter putting out the boat, should moor it well. Do not plan to go out in a small boat from Sunday, says Valved.
Uncertain with next week
Whether the snow will be out next week is still too early to say. The forecasts vary between snow and rain in Bergen.
At the height, on the other hand, it will be filled with snow.
– It is not entirely unusual with snow in April, says Valved.
On April 3, 2020, 3 scm of snow was measured in Bergen, according to Yr.
Published Published: April 2, 2021 1:04 PM
Get the latest news delivered to your inbox
Follow us on social media networks