Bolsonaro’s vacation cost R $ 2.4 million, says government

Bolsonaro’s vacation cost R $ 2.4 million, says government
Bolsonaro’s vacation cost R $ 2.4 million, says government
The holidays of President Jair Bolsonaro, between December and January, cost more than R $ 2 million.| Photo: Evaristo Sa / AFP

The holidays of President Jair Bolsonaro, from December 18, 2020 to January 5 of this year, cost R $ 2.4 million to public coffers. As the website Congresso em Foco showed, of the total amount, almost R $ 1.2 million was spent on the federal government’s corporate card, R $ 1.05 million was used to supply and maintain aircraft, and R $ 202 thousand on the president’s security team’s daily rates.

The Presidency of the Republic responded to two requests made by deputy Elias Vaz (PSB-GO) for information on presidential spending. The data on Bolsonaro’s vacation in Guarujá (SP) and São Francisco do Sul (SC) were presented by the Institutional Security Office (GSI) and the General Secretariat of the Presidency of the Republic.

According to the GSI, in the first order, the daily rate of the security team cost R $ 202 thousand; US $ 185 thousand (R $ 1.050 million) has already been spent on aircraft; the values ​​of the corporate card have not been specified. In the second order, the General Secretariat states that R $ 1.196 million was used on the corporate card, but the expenses are in the “reserved” confidentiality category, and will not be disclosed for five years.

In the 18 days of vacation, the General Secretariat says that the amounts were used to cover the accommodation of Bolsonaro and the team that accompanied him, food and maintenance of the residences where the president was, among others. In March, columnist Lúcio Vaz showed that the 13 trips made by Bolsonaro in December last year, covering nine states, cost R $ 2.15 million to public coffers.

Get the latest news delivered to your inbox

Follow us on social media networks

PREV Covid-19 and flu vaccines cannot be taken together, say doctors
NEXT Canada Announces New Confinement After Rising Covid-19 Cases